Casey residents are set to benefit from a major bus network upgrade, with new and improved routes, more frequent services, and shorter waits.
Parliamentary Secretary for Infrastructure Shaun Leane joined Member for Cranbourne Jude Perera and representatives from the City of Casey and City of Greater Dandenong today at the Cranbourne station bus interchange, to announce that the new Cranbourne bus network will be launched from Sunday 13 November.
The new and improved network will better connect residents to shopping centres and schools, and make it easier for passengers to catch the train from Cranbourne, Berwick, Lynbrook, Hallam and Dandenong stations.
It’s part of the Andrews Labor Government’s Better Bus Networks program, which includes four new routes and 13 realignments, providing residents in previously unserviced areas with transport options for the first time.
Developed in consultation with the local community, the network includes new Route 863 which connects Endeavour Hills residents to Hallam Station, providing better access to Endeavour Hills Shopping Centre. Route 843 has also been rerouted to go via Endeavour Hills Shopping Centre.
Residents in Cranbourne North will have access to three services for the first time: the extended 799 connecting them to Merinda Park Station and Cranbourne, the extended 847 to Casey Central and Berwick Station, and the new 899 which directly links residents in The Avenue Estates to Berwick Station.
Residents in new estates around Botanic Ridge and Cranbourne West, and those along Pearcedale Road, can take advantage of new route 792, connecting them to Cranbourne Station. Route 897 has also been extended to up and coming estates in Clyde, Cranbourne East, and through Lyndhurst to Lynbrook station.
Other benefits of the upgrade include:
- More weekend trips across the entire network
- More trips between Frankston and Cranbourne station, and between Langwarrin and Frankston
- More direct and frequent services between Cranbourne and Dandenong station
- Better services to Cranbourne East and Cranbourne West
- Additional weekday and weekend services between Cranbourne and Clyde
- A new service to the Dandenong South employment precinct
Work will also begin this week to improve the bus interchange at Cranbourne station. Timetables for the new network, including a breakdown of all bus service changes will be available on from 17 October.
Quote attributable to Parliamentary Secretary for Infrastructure Shaun Leane
“We’re providing services where they are needed most – boosting access for residents in new estates and making it easier for people to get where they need to go safer and sooner.”
Quote attributable to Member for Cranbourne Jude Perera
“We’re transforming our entire bus network with new routes and improved services for locals. This is what the community has been calling for and the Andrews Labor Government is delivering.”
New routes introduced:
- Route 792 – Cranbourne Station – Botanic Ridge – Pearcedale
- Route 863 – Hampton Park Shopping Centre – Endeavour Hills Shopping Centre
- Route 890 – Lynbrook Station – Dandenong Station
- Route 899 – The Avenue Village Shopping Centre – Berwick Station
Existing routes being realigned:
- Route 798 – Selandra Rise – Cranbourne Shopping Centre
- Route 799 – Merinda Park Station – The Avenue Village Shopping Centre
- Route 843 – Dandenong – Mossgiel Park via Shetland Road
- Route 847 – Berwick Station – The Avenue Village Shopping Centre via Casey Shopping Centre
- Route 892 – Casey Central Shopping Centre – Dandenong via Hampton Park
- Route 898 – Archers Field – Cranbourne Station
Existing routes being realigned with frequency upgrades:
- Route 789 – Frankston Station – Langwarrin via Langwarrin North
- Route 790 – Frankston Station – Langwarrin via Langwarrin South
- Route 791 – Frankston Station – Cranbourne Station
- Route 891 – Lynbrook Station – Fountain Gate Shopping Centre
- Route 893 – Cranbourne – Dandenong Station
- Route 897 – Clyde – Lynbrook Station
Existing routes with improved timetables:
- Route 796 – Cranbourne – Clyde
Existing routes being removed as part of new network:
- Route 797 – Cranbourne Town service via Cranbourne Station
- Route 896 – Cranbourne Station – Cranbourne East (Trainlink)
Reviewed 19 August 2020