Minister for Tourism and Major Events John Eren today announced the board of Visit Victoria, the new entity charged with keeping Victoria number one for tourism and major events.
Last year, the Andrews Labor Government announced Visit Victoria would bring Tourism Victoria and the Victorian Major Events Company under the one roof, to grow our $21 billion tourism and events industry.
Leading Australian businessman Sir Rod Eddington AO will become the interim Chairman of the Visit Victoria board, while Paul Little AO will be Deputy Chair.
Mr Eddington is one of Australia’s leading businessmen – and brightest minds. He is the Non-Executive Chairman of J.P. Morgan and Member of the APEC Business Advisory Council.
Mr Little is the former managing director of Toll Holdings, and was chairman of the Essendon Football Club.
The other board members are:
- Chris Barlow – Melbourne Convention Bureau Chairman
- Peter Burnett AM – Australian Hotels Association President
- Peter Crinis – Crown Resorts Hotels and Food and Beverage Chief Operating Officer
- Louise Higgins – Nova Entertainment Chief Operating Officer
- Helen Moran – Merlin Entertainments Group Business Development and Ski Field Director
- Sara Quon – Beechworth Honey Chief Executive
- Gerry Ryan OAM – Jayco founder, Global Creatures Chairman
- Lyell Strambi – Australian Pacific Airports Limited Chief Executive
- Wai Tang – Melbourne Festival Director
- Janet Whiting AM –National Gallery of Victoria Council of Trustees President
Visit Victoria is the product of a once-in-a-generation shake up of tourism and major events, bringing the key players together to ensure we remain the envy of the world. The new Chief Executive Officer of Visit Victoria will be announced in May.
Quotes attributable to Minister for Tourism and Major Events John Eren
“The Visit Victoria board of directors is a selection of our leading business and industry figures and brightest minds.”
“We’re bringing the world’s experts under the one roof. One body with one clear plan. Visit Victoria will spearhead our plans to stay number one.”
Quotes attributable to the interim Chair of Visit Victoria Sir Rod Eddington AO
“The breadth of experience and expertise on the new Visit Victoria board will ensure the State’s visitor economy is in good stead to grow ever further.”
Reviewed 19 August 2020