Victoria has once again proven itself as a world class tourist destination at the Qantas Australian Tourism Awards.
Minister for Tourism and Major Events John Eren today congratulated the 14 Victorian businesses recognised at the industry’s peak national awards ceremony in Melbourne.
Victoria dominated, as ten businesses won gold, one claimed silver and three took home bronze. Victoria was awarded more gold awards than any other state, confirming our claim as a renowned industry leader.
From regional Victoria’s culinary treasures to Melbourne’s cosmopolitan charm, there’s something for everyone and the best of everything in Victoria. Visitors from all over Australia and the world love our state, but it’s only because our hard-working operators work tirelessly to provide a world-class experience.
It’s why our visitor economy is a key pillar of Victoria’s prosperity, and why we’re known worldwide as a leader for major events. A busy calendar of events keeps visitors flocking to Victoria, and that means great opportunities for businesses.
Victoria’s tourism operators and the Andrews Labor Government work hard to ensure we remain number one for tourism and major events in Australia, but we’ll never be complacent. The Labor Government is establishing Visit Victoria, the state’s bold blueprint for a new era in tourism and major events.
The 2015-16 Victorian Budget includes an additional $80 million towards Victoria’s events war chest, while a $3 million tourism marketing campaign will showcase Victoria’s regional treasures like never before.
A full list of winners can be found on the next page.
Quotes attributable to Minister for Tourism and Major Events
“Our claim as a tourism and major events leader is no accident. It’s thanks to the hard work of our operators all over the state.”
“These results are a testament to the quality of experience we have on offer in Victoria. I congratulate all our winners for their fine achievement.”
“We’re getting on with the job of investing in our visitor economy, because it means jobs for Victorians and a stronger state.”
Gold Award winners:
- Sovereign Hill – Major Tourist Attraction
- 2014 Melbourne Cup Carnival – Major Festivals and Events
- Fun4Kids Festival – Festivals and Events
- Searoad Ferries – Major Tour and Transport Operators
- Enchanted Adventure Garden and Tree Surfing – Adventure Tourism
- Wine Food Farmgate – Destination Marketing
- Stillwater at Crittenden – Tourism Restaurants and Catering Services
- Pizzini Wines – Tourism Wines Cellar Door – Tourism Wineries, Distilleries and Breweries
- Drift House – Luxury Accommodation
- Green Olive at Red Hill – Excellence in Food Tourism
Silver Award winners:
- BIG4 Beacon Resort – Caravan and Holiday Parks
Bronze Award winners:
- Bendigo Tramways – Cultural Tourism
- Leisure Options – Specialised Tourism Services
- Aquabelle Apartments – Self Contained Accommodation
Reviewed 19 August 2020