- When did Mr Guy become aware of the contract for secret payments to Mr Catlin’s private company – and given the correspondence to his private email is clear about a prior agreement, when did he authorise it?
- Who is the Liberal donor? Is it anyone linked with the infamous “Lobster with a Mobster” dinner?
- What motivated the deal to describe the secret payments as “supporting business interests”?
- What “business interests” were to be supported with the secret payments to Catchy Media Marketing and Management?
- What other secret “donor deals” does Catchy Media Marketing and Management have with Liberal donors?
- Isn’t this just a sham contract to receive illegal donations?
- Why was Mr Guy asked to forward the secret contract – drawn up by lawyers – to the Liberal donor?
- Did Mr Guy pressure the donor to agree to the secret payments?
- What was the donor expecting in return for the secret payments – especially as the payments rise to $20,833 a month for four months if the Coalition wins the election?
- What undertakings did Mr Guy give to the Liberal donor in return for these secret payments – what leverage does the secret donor have over him?
- Given Victoria’s electoral laws limit donations to $4,320 over four years – and this secret contract is around 30 times that amount – isn’t it the case this donation would amount to a massive breach of the law?
- Why won’t Mr Guy and Mr Catlin come clean – and release the secret contract, full list of emails and any other correspondence between them and donors regarding this attempt to breach Victoria’s donation laws?
- Is breaching Victoria’s donation laws through secret payments standard practice in the Liberal and National parties? Do any other opposition staff receive secret payments from unknown donors?
- Will Mr Guy cooperate fully with integrity bodies to clear up even the perception of illegal activity?
Reviewed 02 August 2022