Victoria’s wine industry continues to go from strength to strength with the announcement of the Andrews Labor Government’s Wine Growth Fund – Round Two recipients for the Grampians and Pyrenees wine regions.
The Wine Growth Fund aims to develop and sustainably grow the wine industry in Victoria by providing innovative growers, organisations and projects with funding to build both domestic and international markets.
A total of 65 projects across Victoria have been successful in round two, with grants totalling $1,184,793 supporting total project costs of $3,878,212.
Minister for Agriculture Jaala Pulford was at the Blue Pyrenees Estate today in Avoca to announce more than $200,000 in funding for 10 projects in the Grampians and Pyrenees wine regions. The projects include:
- Blue Pyrenees Estate – establish a Wine Education Centre
- Grape Farm Winery – creation of a commercial kitchen
- Malakoff Estate Vineyard – biodynamic wine innovations
- Pyrenees Grape Growers and Winemakers Association – promotion of the 2018 Avoca Wine and Food Festival
- Pyrenees Grape Growers and Winemakers Association – resourcing for coordination and participation in local and international trade fairs
- Quartz Hill Wines – establish a new straw bale cellar door at the vineyard
- Summerfield Winery – extension of the café area of the cellar door and increased food offerings
- SubRosa – digital marketing upskilling and website upgrade
- Grampians Estate – develop a feasibility study for the extension of the existing cellar door
- Visit Ballarat – fund a project manager to implement the recommendations from the recently completed Grampians Pyrenees Wine Tourism and Culinary Master Plan 2017-2020, funded under Wine Growth Fund Round 1.
The successful projects aim to increase wine tourism and cellar door sales, improve strategic planning and marketing and improve vineyard production.
Victoria’s wine industry plays a vital role in regional and rural economies, contributing an estimated $7.6 billion to the Victorian economy and employing nearly 13,000 people.
Quotes attributable to Minister for Agriculture Jaala Pulford
“Wine from the Grampians and Pyrenees area is loved in Victoria and across the nation and is renowned for its quality - now we’re taking it to the world.”
“Whether it’s the perfect shiraz or a crisp white, you can be guaranteed to try the perfect drop right across our award-winning Grampians and Pyrenees region.”
“This fund is helping producers, intermediaries and representative bodies maximise the opportunities available to better market and export some of Australia’s best wine.”
Reviewed 19 August 2020