Minister for Racing, Martin Pakula, has backed the Ballarat & District Trotting Club to put on a great show for patrons heading to Bray Raceway on Friday 26 December for the club’s Boxing Day race meeting.
Some of the great initiatives and activities that racegoers will enjoy include:
• Two-for-one discounted two-course dining packages for only $25 in the Terrace Restaurant
• Live music
• Children’s entertainment featuring pony rides, face painting and a jumping castle
• Pony trots, including a celebrity race
• Lindt chocolate giveaways throughout the night
• A punters club with $1000 seed funding.
The Andrews Labor Government has contributed $12,750 from the Victorian Racing Industry Fund – Raceday Attraction Program towards the event’s $31,600 cost. In addition, the Ballarat & District Trotting Club has contributed $6350 and Harness Racing Victoria has provided $11,000.
Quotes attributable to Martin Pakula, Minister for Racing
``There’s no better way to relax after a big Christmas Day than to have a night out at the trots at one of the premier harness racing venues in Victoria.”
``With free entry provided for all racegoers, there’s no excuse not to take the family along to enjoy all the top quality action that will take place on and off the track.”
Reviewed 19 August 2020