Eleven projects across the Latrobe Valley are set to become a reality, with support from the Andrews Labor Government to continue making the region a great place for the whole community.
Minister for Regional Development Jaclyn Symes and Member for Eastern Victoria Harriet Shing today visited Morwell Junior Football Club, to announce allocations of more than $1.2 million from the Labor Government’s Latrobe Valley Authority Community and Facility Fund.
The football club will receive $210,000 to install AFL compliant lighting at Northern Reserve in Morwell, so budding AFL stars can play games into the evening year round.
Other grants in the latest round of funding are:
- Latrobe Valley Yacht Club – $16,265 for strategic planning to identify infrastructure needs and help identify suitable sites or mergers for the Club.
- Latrobe City Council – $274,438 for construction of a community meeting space and public toilet at the Traralgon Railway Reservoir Conservation Reserve.
- Latrobe City Council – $318,131 grant for a major refurbishment of Yinnar and District Community Hall.
- Lake Wellington Yacht Club – $900 for planning costs to improve accessibility.
- Boolarra Folk Festival – $97,945 to restore and extend the Old Boolarra Post Office to create a base for the Folk Festival Committee and a community resource.
- Maffra Lawn Tennis – $15,000 to undertake advanced design for the refurbishment of clubrooms.
- Gippsland International – $195,500 to carry out preservation work on Dredger 21 at the entrance of Power Works in Morwell.
- Heyfield Golf Club – $34,200 to install an automated sprinkler system including pop-up sprinklers and battery-powered WiFi controllers at greens and tees.
- Ellinbank Badminton Club – $10,000 to upgrade flooring and accessibility at the club’s home courts.
- Valencia Soldiers Memorial Hall – $47,191 to upgrade the hall, including new kitchen, heating and cooling, acoustic treatment and audio-visual upgrades.
The Labor Government has now supported almost 170 community projects through the Latrobe Valley Authority’s Community and Facility Fund. For more information on the fund, visit lva.vic.gov.au.
Quote attributable to Minister for Regional Development Jaclyn Symes
“This fund is having an enormous impact in the local community, helping community groups achieve their long-term goals sooner and making the Valley a better place for everyone to live.”
Quote attributable to Member for Eastern Victoria Harriet Shing
“It’s exciting to announce another 11 projects from this fund – which will not only improve the Valley’s community facilities, but also give a big boost to local businesses involved in bringing the projects to life.”
Reviewed 19 August 2020