Professionals bringing a wide range of skills and years of expertise to oversee Victoria’s growing pipeline of major infrastructure projects have been appointed to the Advisory Board of the Office of Projects Victoria (OPV).
Their in-depth knowledge in a range of fields including civil works and building construction, infrastructure policy, legal and architectural expertise, and government process will provide expert oversight for the Andrews Labor Government’s strong infrastructure pipeline.
Led by infrastructure expert Ken Mathers, the Board is comprised of
- Peter Duncan, former CEO, Roads and Maritime Services, NSW
- Shelley Penn, Manager, Design and Capital Works, City of Melbourne
- David Saxelby, former President of Australian Contractors Association
- David Galbally, Partner, Madgwicks Lawyers
- Carolyn Viney, former Chief Executive Officer, Grocon Pty. Ltd
- Bill Kusznirczuk, Acting Chairman, Victorian Planning Authority
- Cressida Wall, Director, Interface Property Group Ltd
The OPV will provide critical oversight on cost, scope and technical matters, as well as monitor major projects and advise on potential interventions.
Quotes attributable to Treasurer Tim Pallas
”We’re not wasting a day in building the infrastructure that this state needs, and the OPV will help ensure that we get it right, using the best minds available to us.”
“The OPV’s expert board, alongside respected chair, Ken Mathers, and a small team of highly-qualified professionals, will have critical oversight of all major projects in Victoria – making sure we get it done and get it done right.”
Reviewed 19 August 2020