Bendigo’s new creative industries hub continues to grow with the appointment of the Local Advisory Group and the official naming of the space as The Studio.
Minister for Creative Industries Martin Foley today congratulated the ten members of the new Advisory Group who will work with ACMI to ensure the program and operations of The Studio reflect local needs.
The Advisory Group members have deep connections within the local creative sector at all levels – from arts education to grassroots organisations and innovative creative businesses. They are:
- David Burton – Arts education practitioner
- Louise Fisher – Graphic designer and art director from Bendigo graphic design studio The Design Pond
- Steve Lane – Video producer, sound engineer and songwriter
- Leah Ladson – Photographer and founder of women in small business network Girls from the Go
- Tamara Marwood – Creative director of strategic consulting agency Create Business
- Caleb Maxwell – Co-founder of Bendigo-based film studio Hebron Films
- Katy Morrison – Co-founder and producer at virtual reality studio VRTOV, manager of not-for-profit art and technology organisation Frame Ltd
- Aymii Hansen – Taungurung woman, artist and curator. Founder of Aboriginal owned and operated art company Jumbarrawa
- Bryley Savage – Creative Director of communications and marketing agency, Friendly Savage, and
- Patrick Thwaites from not for profit association for artists and creatives Bendigo Artists Inc.
The Advisory Group joins The Studio’s manager David Hughes, local design and digital marketing agency Creative Revolution and Bendigo-based PR strategist Greta Donaldson as the local team leading The Studio’s development.
An initiative of the Andrews Labor Government’s Creative State strategy, The Studio will be located at the former Morley’s Emporium. as a co-working and events place for creative practitioners, entrepreneurs and businesses to work, connect, build their skills and expand their networks.
Quote attributable to Minister for Creative Industries Martin Foley
“The Greater Bendigo region is home to an incredible creative community and ACMI has extensive experience in supporting creative innovators to take their business, and careers, to new heights.”
Quote attributable to Member for Bendigo East Jacinta Allan
“The combination of the skills of our Local Advisory Group alongside ACMI’s track record, we know that The Studio will be something special for our local creative community.”
Quote attributable to Member for Bendigo West Maree Edwards
“The appointment of the Local Advisory Group spells a new stage for this project – congratulations and thank you to all members.