Health services across Victoria will receive a $5 million Victorian Coalition Government boost to upgrade facilities.
Minister for Health David Davis today announced 26 rural health services to share in grants from the first round of the Rural Capital Support Fund.
"The Victorian Coalition Government is delivering on its election commitment to establish the Rural Capital Support Fund providing grants to improve rural and regional health facilities," Mr Davis said.
"These funding grants will help hospitals, aged care facilities and community health services to upgrade amenities, implement new models of care and increase service capacity and efficiency.
"The grants will support smaller capital works projects such as refurbishments to kitchens, laundries and bathrooms and the expansion of wards and waiting areas," Mr Davis said.
Big winners include:
- Bass Coast Regional Health will receive $1.19 million to redevelop the Bass Coast Regional Health Public Dental Clinic at Wonthaggi;
- Central Gippsland Health Service will receive $470,000 towards an $820,000 project to redevelop centralised intake and patient services in Sale;
- East Grampians Health Service will receive $300,000 towards its education facility at Ararat and $200,000 to upgrade the roof and fascia;
- Barwon Health will receive $200,000 to upgrade the kitchen and bathroom at the Belmont Community Rehabilitation Facility;
- Mansfield District Hospital will receive $150,000 towards its Solar Power and Energy Efficiency Savings Project; and,
- Castlemaine Health will receive $190,000 to improve air conditioning infrastructure.
Mr Davis said the Victorian Coalition Government was committed to supporting access to quality health services in rural areas.
"Last December, we released the Rural and Regional Health Plan, which is our vision for the future development of health services in rural and regional Victoria," Mr Davis said.
"The plan outlines directions and actions aimed at improving the Victorian health system so that Victoria's rural and regional areas have access to the best possible healthcare.
"The Rural Capital Support Fund is an important part of this vision to improve the rural and regional health system," Mr Davis said.
Attached: Health services receiving funding from Rural Capital Support Fund