Minister for Community Services Mary Wooldridge today announced the appointment of new service providers to manage out-of-home care services, disability and housing services in the Warrnambool area.
From 1 July 2012, the following organisations will provide services previously operated by Community Connections Victoria Limited (CCVL):
- MacKillop Family Services will manage out-of-home care services;
- Brophy Family and Youth Services, Bethany Community Support, Warrnambool City Council and Mpower will manage Integrated Family Services/Child FIRST;
- Gateways Support Services will manage facility-based respite and flexible support packages within disability services;
- Brophy Family and Youth Services will manage the social housing advocacy and support program; and
- Bethany Community Support will co-ordinate the integrated family violence service.
"These are critical services for vulnerable Victorians in the Barwon South Western Region, with an annual government investment of close to $4.6 million," Ms Wooldridge said.
"The appointments followed an extensive competitive expression of interest process that attracted 18 submissions."
Ms Wooldridge said that all organisations would work to minimise any disruption to clients during the transition from CCVL to the new service providers.
Information about the successful service providers is attached.